Installation of Kali Linux with Windows is very easy and useful. Before proceeding further with the installation of Kali Linux along with Windows we need to take a proper backup of our windows system to some external device, because the Kali Linux is going to install on the same hard drive, in case of any failure we can revert back using that backup.
- Download Kali Linux and burn the ISO on DVD or USB
- Minimum of 8 GB free disk space on Windows
- Ensure that your computer is set to boot from CD / USB in your BIOS.
Dual Boot Installation Procedure
- Start the installation and choose the proper media to boot on which the ISO is available. There will be Kali Linux welcome screen when you will boot using the right media.
- Now we need to provide enough space to install Kali onto windows partition. We need to launch “Run Application” and run the command It will shrink existing windows partition to create more space for Kali.
- Select the existing windows partition. Generally it would be installed in /dev/sda2. Resize this partition and create minimum (8 GB minimum) space to install Kali.
- Once you have resized your Windows partition, ensure you “Apply All Operations” on the hard disk. Exit gpartedand reboot.
- Now you can start a normal installation of Kali Linux (as explained on Hacknowledge Kali Linux Installation) on the same partition. It will be dual boot along with Windows.